SPRAY TANNING PREP & AFTER-CARE
For best results Cryotic Tan recommends you read and follow all these tips to ensure the best looking, long lasting tan. Our clients which follow these handy tips are getting an average of 10-14 days wear from their tans.
IMPORTANT - SUNBURN
It is highly advised to avoid spray tanning over sunburn. The result will look unsightly when the skin begins to peel revealing raw skin colour next to the tanned areas. Please do not book a spray tan until your skin has fully healed and completely finished peeling, this can be up to 6 weeks with some skin types.
BEFORE YOUR TAN
• For best results CRYOTIC TAN recommends that you shower and exfoliate your skin thoroughly 1-2 days before your appointment. Especially in areas of dry skin such as knees, elbows, ankles and tops of feet. Ensuring to remove any old tans.
• Waxing and/or shaving should be done at least 24 hours before your tan.
• DO NOT shave legs on the same day as your appointment.
• Moisturise twice a day
• Wash hair if needed as it should NOT be done on the day of appointment
ON THE EVENING PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
• Ensure to moisturise your body heavily to re-hydrate your skin.
• DO NOT USE moisturiser again until 24 hours AFTER your spray tan appointment.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
• Shower and lightly exfoliate your body using WATER ONLY and DO NOT SHOWER WITHIN 3 HOURS of your appointment. To get the best results from your spray tan your skin's pH levels should be as close to normal as possible (around 5.5) and normal temperature. Using water and/or products close to your appointment or left on your skin can alter the pH levels and can result in an orange or golden effect.
• DO NOT use any soap or body wash and DO NOT wash hair during your shower as this can leave a barrier on your skin and this would alter your skin's PH levels and prevent the full colour from developing properly, which can result in the tan appearing golden, orange or even green!
To prevent this from happening your skin MUST be completely free of any moisturizer, body gels, deodorant, makeup or perfumes.
• Bring with you/or wear comfortable, loose and dark coloured clothing to put on after your spray tan.
DURING YOUR TAN
• CRYOTIC TAN will do a full skin analysis and discuss your tanning needs, special events, outfit and desired look. This way we can select the perfect colour/tanning solution for your skin tone.
• You can wear whatever you feel most comfortable in (i.e. underwear, bikini). We can also provide you with a disposable g-string and disposable strapless bra if you prefer.
• Please remember to bring LOOSE clothing to wear after your tan. Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing, jewellery, watches and shoes until tan has developed. Any minor excess bronzer will wash out of most fabric.
• Avoid wetting your skin and avoid activities that will cause over perspiration between the tanning and showering phase.
• You may shower after 2-8 hours (depending on solution and desired look). Your first shower afterwards you will notice the excess solution will rinse off in the shower, don't panic this isn't your tan, just the excess bronzer.
• To ensure your tan develops naturally CRYOTIC TAN recommends you refrain from using shower gel, soap, deodorant, moisturiser etc until 24 hours from your Tan time has passed.
• After each shower, always pat your skin dry with your towel, DO NOT rub.
24 HOURS AFTER TAN
• Moisturize daily with a good quality moisturiser to prevent skin from drying out and to help maintain a long-lasting tan.
• Using hot baths, chlorinated pools, and spas will reduce the life of your tan